Dear Colleagues and Friends,
Scholarship Applicant Instructions & Criteria
- A COMPLETED and signed scholarship application.
- An official school transcript.
- A minimum 2.5 GPA cumulative GPA on a weighted 4.0 scale. Though we encourage students with a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher to apply for our scholarship, we will accept applications from any student who has demonstrated strong leadership skills and a record of community service. Our objective is to recognize achievement candidates who are well rounded and have demonstrated a willingness and capacity to be an asset to their community.
- A 12th grade student both residing and attending school in the geographical boundaries served by the Stamford Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi, Fraternity, Inc.
- A 2×3 photograph for inclusion in a scholarship award program. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- (2) Recommendation Letters
a. A completed teacher evaluator form (included in scholarship packet)
b. A character reference letter from a community member (cannot be a relative of the applicant).
- Scholarship awards will be made by the Stamford Alumni Chapter’s scholarship committee based on point accumulation in the following categories.
a. Academic Achievement & Scholarship
b. Leadership & Awareness
c. Community Involvement & Extracurricular Activities
d. Career Goals and Preparation (Scored application essay)
- The completed application and all supplemental forms must be received by Friday, January 13,
All completed applications must be mailed in (1) complete packet with a postmark date no later
than January 13, 2020 or scanned to email@example.com. Should you have any questions
please Scholarship Coordinator, Mr. Marquelle Middleton, at contact
Stamford Alumni Chapter
Attn: Scholarship Committee
65 High Ridge Road, Suite # 402
Stamford, CT 06905