Guide Right is the National Service of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity and is for the educational, social and occupational guidance of youth, primarily inspirational and informative in character. The purposes of the Guide Right Service Program is to place the training experience and friendly interest of successful men at the disposal of youth needing inspiration and counsel regarding their choice of a life’s career, and to arouse the interest of the entire community in the problems of youth as they seek to realize lives of usefulness.
Under the leadership of our chapter’s Guide Right Director, Mr. Brian Kelly, the Stamford Alumni Chapter has formally launched the Stamford Kappa League program and adopted three K-8 schools in the Bridgeport Public Schools. Monthly, chapter brothers host the “Kappa Reading Buddies” Program at Hallen School, a Boys II Men leadership workshop at the Geraldine Claytor Magnet Academy and have provided in-kind support to the students and families of Classical Studies Magnet Academy.
Program Initiatives & Highlights
- Stamford Kappa League Program (Alpha Class)
- Sponsorship & Mentorship of the Bridgeport Boys Choir
- Support the Bridgeport Organization for Youth Sports (BOYS), Inc.
- BOYS Inc. STEAM Saturday Academy Scholarships
- School Involvement Initiative (Adopt-A-School)
- Awarded more than $15k in scholarships to 7 graduating HS seniors in 2017
- Sponsored Bridgeport Public Students to sail the Amistad (Summer 2017)
- Kappa Reading Buddies Program at Hallen School
- Kappa League Pop Up & Give Thanksgiving Drive
- Turkey B-I-N-G-O
- Christmas Toy Drive
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service Project
To learn more about our Guide Right efforts contact us at StamfordKappaLeague@gmail.com